Modern Best Practice
- Prioritizing Policy, Practice and Funding Improvements for People with Mental Illnesses in Jails
- Conducting a Comprehensive Process Analysis and Inventory of Services for People with Mental Illnesses in Jails.
- 10 Ways to Engage People affected by Mental Illness in our Community.
NIMH.nih.gov <- National Institute of Mental Health
- NAMI Convention 2017: Dir of NIMH audio replay – important relationship between genetics and neuroscience to find optimal treatment.
- NAMI Convention 2017: Smoking Cessation Treatment for those with Psychiatric Illnesses: Audio replay and publication in JAMA‘s 50th anniversary issue
- NAMI Convention 2017: Dr. E. Robinson: Two perspectives on genetics audio replay. Dr. Elise Robinson Scientist expert Epidimiologist – slides
- Interested in learning more? Check out the NAMI Convention 2017 Program Schedule and associated audio replays available here.
Breaking News, Modern Best Practice25-Mar-2019 by Jeanne Nelson, NAMI El Dorado County AOT must be our highest quality service priority: time to make it blooming marvelous! When engineers face a quality problem, they tend to start with the final product and reverse engineer it to find the source of the problem. The premise is to develop standard work flows that include more »
Breaking News, Modern Best PracticeWHERE TO FIND SHELTERS: Many of our loved ones are staying in either the Nomadic Shelter (on the Placerville side of the Mountain known as the Western Slope) or the Warm Room (provided by Tahoe Coalition for the Homeless in South Lake Tahoe.). We are grateful to the many more »
Breaking News, Modern Best PracticeMarijuana: Do your research and learn your family pre-disposition. We continue to champion the importance of developing a family MH and addiction tree and extended family tree (going back multiple generations if possible) hunting for anyone with serious mental illness and addictions of any kind. Please do not rely on friendly anecdotal experiences from pals more »
Modern Best PracticeBy Jackson and Coker: 20-Sep-2018 There has been a steady stream of headlines declaring that life expectancy in the United States is decreasing. And the often-cited reason is the climbing number of opioid-related deaths. Those two facts piqued the interest of a group of researchers who sought to reframe the way these trends can be viewed. more »
Breaking News, Modern Best PracticeIt has been a very tough and tragic week, with the passing of Kate Spade and Anthony Bourdain. Because of this, along with the release of a new CDC report, we are seeing an increase in media calls and needs from the community around suicide. I thought it would be helpful to provide some useful more »
Modern Best Practice, Modern Brain ResearchDo you really know your full multi-generational family history for addiction and/or mental health issues? Genetics plays a key role: upwards of 80% (for bi-polar and schizophrenia) and upwards of 60% for addictions. So, understanding our relative’s mental health and history of addictive behaviors can help us take steps to avoid triggers and build resilience. When more »
Modern Best PracticeLatino Community Members “Stop Stigma with Science” Detener el estigma con la ciencia 20% – de los latinos nacidos en Estados Unidos han sufrido de un reto de salud mental durante el último año. Check out these Spanish resources: La salud mental en la comunidad latina See more at https://www.nami.org/Find-Support/Diverse-Communities/Latino-Mental-Health/La-salud-mental-en-la-comunidad-latina more »