Modern Best Practice
- Prioritizing Policy, Practice and Funding Improvements for People with Mental Illnesses in Jails
- Conducting a Comprehensive Process Analysis and Inventory of Services for People with Mental Illnesses in Jails.
- 10 Ways to Engage People affected by Mental Illness in our Community.
NIMH.nih.gov <- National Institute of Mental Health
- NAMI Convention 2017: Dir of NIMH audio replay – important relationship between genetics and neuroscience to find optimal treatment.
- NAMI Convention 2017: Smoking Cessation Treatment for those with Psychiatric Illnesses: Audio replay and publication in JAMA‘s 50th anniversary issue
- NAMI Convention 2017: Dr. E. Robinson: Two perspectives on genetics audio replay. Dr. Elise Robinson Scientist expert Epidimiologist – slides
- Interested in learning more? Check out the NAMI Convention 2017 Program Schedule and associated audio replays available here.
Best Practice, Brain ScienceDo you really know your full multi-generational family history for addiction and/or mental health issues? Genetics plays a key role: upwards of 80% (for bi-polar and schizophrenia) and upwards of 60% for addictions. So, understanding our relative’s mental health and history of addictive behaviors can help us take steps to avoid triggers and build resilience. When more »
Best PracticeLatino Community Members “Stop Stigma with Science” Detener el estigma con la ciencia 20% – de los latinos nacidos en Estados Unidos han sufrido de un reto de salud mental durante el último año. Check out these Spanish resources: La salud mental en la comunidad latina See more at https://www.nami.org/Find-Support/Diverse-Communities/Latino-Mental-Health/La-salud-mental-en-la-comunidad-latina more »
Best Practicehttps://www.ptcommunity.com/journal/article/full/2017/2/130/new-schizophrenia-treatments-address-unmet-clinical-needs: Pharmacy and therapeutics committee members: Long-acting injectable antipsychotics are commonly used to prevent relapse.14 In addition, adjunctive psychosocial interventions—including family psycho social education, social skills training, and cognitive behavioral therapy—have been shown to prevent relapse and to improve medication adherence.7,15 Approximately 10% to 30% of schizophrenic patients are treatment resistant.7The optimal management of these more »